Friday, May 15
Theatre 33’s Ten-Minute Play Competition
Audience chooses the winner
Mattie's Room at Hotel Oregon
Theatre 33, in residence at Willamette University, is a new play development company that helps Oregon/NW playwrights develop their new scripts from an initial workshop performance to a full production.
New to the UFO Festival this year, our partner Theatre 33 is accepting play submissions for review – the top three will be performed as staged readings during the UFO Festival.
The audience-chosen winner will receive a McMenamins gift card for $200.
Never written a play before? No problem – writers of all ages and skill levels are encouraged to give it a shot!
- We will accept unpublished plays only.
- The play must be about UFOs or anything closely related to them.
- The play must contain at least two (2) characters, but no more than four (4).
- The playwright rehearses their team of actors, and director /or self-directs the reading to perform at the Festival on Friday, May 15, 2020.
- One submission per playwright, or collaboration team.
- By submitting, the playwright permits McMenamins/Theatre 33 to include the play during the UFO Festival. The playwright must be free to give this permission at no cost to McMenamins or Theatre 33.
- Submitting your play grants McMenamins and Theatre 33 10-minute play Festival the right to use your name, play title, and possible video excerpts from your play or photographs from your play for promotional purposes on Theatre 33’s website in the promotion of future festivals.
- Plays should be submitted in standard play format via email only in PDF format with the title page. Click the link for more information on formatting: http://www.playwrightslocal.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Samuel-French-Formatting-Guide.pdf
- Play selections will be finalized by April 1st by Theatre 33. Everyone who has submitted will receive an email announcing whose work has been selected for the 2020 UFO Festival.
- Remember, keep your play to no more than 10 minutes in length, approximately 8 to 10 pages. The venue will supply chairs, music stands, and possibly microphones.
- Three plays will be selected to be performed as stage readings at McMenamins UFO Festival. The audience will vote upon the completion of the three play readings, and one playwright will win the Grand Prize of a $200 McMenamins gift card. Submission deadline March 1st, 2020.
- ***If your play is selected you must be available to provide actor/director team and present a rehearsed/polished reading of your UFO 10-minute play at the Festival on Friday, May 15th, in McMinnville, Oregon, during the UFO Festival.***
- A brief bio and contact information.
- A short synopsis of the play and a list of team members names.
- Submission deadline March 15th – this date is subject to change.
- Please email scripts to: THEATRE33ORG@GMAIL.COM
- In the subject line write YOUR PLAY TITLE (AND) UFO PLAY COMPETITION.